It is our intention to mountain bike at a specialist mountain biking trail centre. There are several routes suitable for beginners and more experienced bikers so something for everyone.
If you have your own helmet please bring it, make sure it is Certified and has the CE mark. Leicester Scouts have some decent mountain bikes but if you intend to bring your own bike please ensure that its in GOOD working order, especially the brakes, gears and tyres. In the middle of the forest is not a good place for your bike to fall apart.
Maximum places: 8 places
Kit will to a degree be weather dependant so check the forecast for the area (Forest of Dean) and use your common sense.
- Suitable clothes for biking in the prevailing weather.
- Padded cycle shorts are a good idea if you have them
- Gloves. Padded biking gloves are best.
- Wind proof top (Water proof if it looks like being wet)
- Drinks bottle.
- Small rucksack (perhaps share 1 between 2)
- Suitable footware. Scout bikes have normal flat pedals, if you have SPD cycle shoes and pedals bring them and we can fit them.
- Long trousers. They should be close fitting so they don’t get caught
- Spare warm top
- Glasses / sun glasses
Any questions email me or call me.
Home: 01858 880766
Mobile: 07765 896526